Baby bird will be here soon and I'm starting to finally see the light at the end of all my self afflicted projects. One of the things that I love incorporating into my home is my Oregon background. Lots of green and plants and recycling happening over here. Same goes for designing and planning out nursery's. For Jones, his theme was hot hair balloons and I made him a quilt that had Mt Hood in the background with hot air balloons scattered among the horizon like I used to see growing up. Banks was to be pine trees. Fields' room encompassed a woodland theme with plenty of pine trees as homage to his big brother as well as Oregon. This little man's room took on more of a mountain/earthy feel and I wanted a unique way to bring in my roots. My parents and the younger four kids went to Oregon over spring break, and while they were gone, I asked Mom if she'd pick a few fern fronds for me and press them in one of the old Costco Disney books we had (biggest hardbacks we had on hand.) She asked how many I needed and I told her as much as she wanted to gather. Lucky for me and all my future projects - she brought me back two books full of ferns pressed between the pages. My childhood home, and the house that I spent the majority of my life in was quite literally in a forest. We had tall, tall pine trees that towered over our house and blankets of ferns that covered the ground. To me, ferns are home. Danny picked up a few frames on a whim one day at work (he works at the Jolley's in Sandy) not knowing that I had been stalking the Ikea website waiting for them to come back in stock. He had no idea that I was trying to get some floating mounted frames and instead saw them and thought it would be something I'd like. (Go Danny!) With the frames on hand I was ready to get this project done! I first pulled out all of my ferns and assessed the size and coloring. Then I arranged them in the frames, sealed them up and we were golden! Since these are actual glass and not like the Ikea plexiglass ones I had intended on getting I wanted to make sure these babies weren't going anywhere once they were on the wall - especially with the crib right below! So I used my stud finder to find the studs and hammered in some nails. Bonus part of using the studs was I didn't have to worry about even spacing between frames! I love how this little detail pulls the space together and really connects the accent wall with the rest of the room - not to mention the sentiment behind it. This space is almost done and I'm so excited for little man to be here soon!